Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT DESIGNATION & LICENSES DOES ARP POSES?
ARP is a registered builder with Tarion. our project managers either have their Project Manager Professional designation or are licensed Professional Engineers who oversee the project. Your house is in good hands.
2. DOES ARP HAVE INSURANCE?
We have a 5 Million Liability Insurance Policy along with all of our tradespeople have WSIB insurance. Your house is in good hands.
3. WHAT IS THE ARP WARRANTY POLICY?
We provide a 7-year warranty on new custom built homes and a 5-year warranty on large scale projects. We are confident and take pride in the quality of our work.
4. WHAT TYPE OF GUARANTEE DO YOU PROVIDE?
ARP offers a two-year warranty on all work, and we follow the manufacturers’ warranties on the parts and materials we install.
5. HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO PROVIDE A QUOTE?
It can take a day or up to a week to provide a quote.
6. WHAT PRICING MODEL DOES ARP USE? AM I AT RISK OF A CONSTRUCTION LIEN?
We have unique pricing rarely seen in this industry. Accounting is fully transparent and this model is the most beneficial to the homeowner. As a result of this we have never had a single issue in court or had to deal with construction liens.
7. WHEN CAN ARP START THE PROJECT? HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO FINISH?
We prefer to not work on more than three projects at any one time. This ensures that we provide the best quality work. Projects require extensive and crucial planning at the start and require one to two months in planning.
8. HOW CAN I PAY FOR YOUR SERVICES?
The best way to pay in order to track costs and provide clear accounting is to pay by cheque. We can also accept cash and major credit cards or help you get bank financing for your project.
9. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?
The process is fairly straightforward:
• ARP would meet up with you to discuss your project
• We would meet a second time and go over the proposal. If agreeable, we would sign a contract and collect a small deposit to start working on the project.
• We then schedule the trades, organize materials and prepare for execution of the project. Invoices are then issued throughout the life of the project.
10. HAS ARP WORKED WITH REAL ESTATE INVESTORS? DEVELOPERS?
We have worked with Real Estate Investors and Real Estate Developers. We are avid Real Estate Investors and understand the unique challenges they encounter. We have also worked with Real Estate Developers and are involved in construction of 12 townhomes in Toronto.
11. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH ARP?
You can contact us through our “Contact us page”. We recommend sending your email with your project specifics so we can determine our availability.
12. HOW LONG HAS ARP BEEN AROUND?
ARP has been around since 2008. Only in the past 3 years have we started offering services to outside customers. We have done 30+ large scale renovations, built multiple “brand new spec” homes and worked with real estate developers. Real Estate is a large part of the partner’s lives who are avid Real Estate Investors and own numerous rental properties.
13. WHO WILL BE HANDLING MY PROJECT?
All projects are handled by trained project managers, who have years of experience, and a full-time team from the head office to help coordinate all the endeavours on the site. By using a team-based approach, we ensure that a team member will be available to lead the team and answer your questions for each stage of the project.
14. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE A PROJECT CAN START?
As no two projects are the same, we suggest you start with your project’s goals and your budget. Once you contact us, we’ll supply you with a detailed list of requirements that need to be arranged before your project can begin. Plus, we’ll help you work through them.
15. WHO HANDLES THE PERMITS?
The ARP team will handle all of the building permits required for your project and ensure they are approved before proceeding.
16. WHO DEALS WITH THE UTILITY COMPANIES?
With your authorization, we will make any necessary arrangements with your utility company – including being on site as needed – to ensure that your services work properly.
17. DO I NEED TO HIRE AN ARCHITECT?
That depends on the scope of the project. For a simple indoor ground-floor restoration, probably not. But for a custom home or a complex addition dealing with structural construction, you’ll be hiring an architect or plans designer. At ARP, we can meet with your architect and evaluate the drawings to ensure that the project can stay within budget. As a design-build company, our knowledge helps us identify plans and concepts that can raise costs and come up with workable solutions to create optimal, affordable results.
18. DOES MY FAMILY HAVE TO MOVE OUT DURING THE RENOVATION/ADDITION PROJECT?
Again, that depends on the scope of the project. For example, some families are comfortable living in the basement during a second-storey addition, while others balk at the thought of that much togetherness – especially teenagers. We can tell you what to expect, so you can make the arrangements that work best for your household.
19. HOW INVOLVED DO I NEED TO BE?
That’s up to you. We have clients who like weekly check-ins, and others who only want to know when milestones are achieved. We’re happy to involve you as much – or as little – as you want.
20. HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY PROJECT IS RUNNING ACCORDING TO PLAN?
Based on the scope of your project, we’ll put a comprehensive plan together for you that includes milestones and specific goals and timelines for each milestone for your reference.
Still have questions?
and we would be happy to answer them for you.